Admiral Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AdmiralDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A naval officer of the highest rank; a naval officer of high rank, of which there are different grades. The chief gradations in rank are admiral, vice admiral, and rear admiral. The admiral is the commander in chief of a fleet or of fleets.
- (n.) The ship which carries the admiral; also, the most considerable ship of a fleet.
- (n.) A handsome butterfly (Pyrameis Atalanta) of Europe and America. The larva feeds on nettles.
• AdmiraltiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Admiralty