Age Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
- (n.) A particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others; as, the golden age, the age of Pericles.
- (n.) The people who live at a particular period; hence, a generation.
- (v. i.) To grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age; as, he grew fat as he aged.
- (n.) A century; the period of one hundred years.
- (n.) The latter part of life; an advanced period of life; seniority; state of being old.
- (n.) The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested; as, the age of consent; the age of discretion.
- (n.) A long time.
- (n.) One of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, etc.
- (n.) A great period in the history of the Earth.
- (n.) That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?
- (n.) Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities; as, to come of age; he (or she) is of age.
- (v. t.) To cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to; as, grief ages us.
- (n.) In poker, the right belonging to the player to the left of the dealer to pass the first round in betting, and then to come in last or stay out; also, the player holding this position; the eldest hand.
• AgednessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality of being aged; oldness.