Agist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AgistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; -- used originally of the feeding of cattle in the kings forests, and collecting the money for the same.
• AgistorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Formerly, an officer of the kings forest, who had the care of cattle agisted, and collected the money for the same; -- hence called gisttaker, which in England is corrupted into guest-taker.
- (n.) Now, one who agists or takes in cattle to pasture at a certain rate; a pasturer.