Alder Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AlderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tree, usually growing in moist land, and belonging to the genus Alnus. The wood is used by turners, etc.; the bark by dyers and tanners. In the U. S. the species of alder are usually shrubs or small trees.
- (a.) Alt. of Aller
• Alder flyDefinition & Meaning in English
- () An artificial fly with brown mottled wings, body of peacock harl, and black legs.
- () Any of numerous neuropterous insects of the genus Sialis or allied genera. They have aquatic larvae, which are used for bait.