Ambushed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AmbushedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ambush
• AmbushDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A disposition or arrangement of troops for attacking an enemy unexpectedly from a concealed station. Hence: Unseen peril; a device to entrap; a snare.
- (v. i.) To lie in wait, for the purpose of attacking by surprise; to lurk.
- (v. t.) A concealed station, where troops or enemies lie in wait to attack by surprise.
- (v. t.) The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; liers in wait.
- (v. t.) To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- (v. t.) To attack by ambush; to waylay.