Answered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AnsweredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Answer
• AnswerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To be or act in return or response to.
- (v. i.) To be opposite, or to act in opposition.
- (n.) Something said or written in reply to a question, a call, an argument, an address, or the like; a reply.
- (v. i.) To make a satisfactory response or return.
- (v. i.) To be or act as an equivalent, or as adequate or sufficient; as, a very few will answer.
- (n.) To be or act an equivalent to, or as adequate or sufficient for; to serve for; to repay.
- (n.) A reply to a change; a defense.
- (n.) To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, demand; as, he answered my claim upon him; the servant answered the bell.
- (n.) To be or act in accommodation, conformity, relation, or proportion to; to correspond to; to suit.
- (n.) To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification, and the like; to refute.
- (n.) To speak in defense against; to reply to in defense; as, to answer a charge; to answer an accusation.
- (n.) To render account to or for.
- (n.) A counter-statement of facts in a course of pleadings; a confutation of what the other party has alleged; a responsive declaration by a witness in reply to a question. In Equity, it is the usual form of defense to the complainants charges in his bill.
- (n.) A solution, the result of a mathematical operation; as, the answer to a problem.
- (v. i.) To speak or write by way of return (originally, to a charge), or in reply; to make response.
- (n.) To speak or write in return to, as in return to a call or question, or to a speech, declaration, argument, or the like; to reply to (a question, remark, etc.); to respond to.
- (n.) To atone; to be punished for.
- (v. i.) To render account, or to be responsible; to be accountable; to make amends; as, the man must answer to his employer for the money intrusted to his care.
- (v. i.) To be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; -- usually with to.
- (n.) Something done in return for, or in consequence of, something else; a responsive action.
- (v. i.) To be or act in return.
- (v. i.) To be or act by way of compliance, fulfillment, reciprocation, or satisfaction; to serve the purpose; as, gypsum answers as a manure on some soils.
- (n.) To be opposite to; to face.