Antidote Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AntidoteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Whatever tends to prevent mischievous effects, or to counteract evil which something else might produce.
- (v. t.) To counteract or prevent the effects of, by giving or taking an antidote.
- (n.) A remedy to counteract the effects of poison, or of anything noxious taken into the stomach; -- used with against, for, or to; as, an antidote against, for, or to, poison.
- (v. t.) To fortify or preserve by an antidote.