Anxious Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AnxiousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Accompanied with, or causing, anxiety; worrying; -- applied to things; as, anxious labor.
- (a.) Earnestly desirous; as, anxious to please.
- (a.) Full of anxiety or disquietude; greatly concerned or solicitous, esp. respecting something future or unknown; being in painful suspense; -- applied to persons; as, anxious for the issue of a battle.
• AnxiouslyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In an anxious manner; with painful uncertainty; solicitously.
• AnxiousnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality of being anxious; great solicitude; anxiety.