Ape Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ApeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A dupe.
- (v. t.) To mimic, as an ape imitates human actions; to imitate or follow servilely or irrationally.
- (n.) A quadrumanous mammal, esp. of the family Simiadae, having teeth of the same number and form as in man, and possessing neither a tail nor cheek pouches. The name is applied esp. to species of the genus Hylobates, and is sometimes used as a general term for all Quadrumana. The higher forms, the gorilla, chimpanzee, and ourang, are often called anthropoid apes or man apes.
- (n.) One who imitates servilely (in allusion to the manners of the ape); a mimic.
• ApennineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, the Apennines, a chain of mountains extending through Italy.
• ApehoodDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state of being an ape.