Appall Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AppallDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To weaken; to enfeeble; to reduce; as, an old appalled wight.
- (n.) Terror; dismay.
- (v. i.) To lose flavor or become stale.
- (v. i.) To grow faint; to become weak; to become dismayed or discouraged.
- (a.) To depress or discourage with fear; to impress with fear in such a manner that the mind shrinks, or loses its firmness; to overcome with sudden terror or horror; to dismay; as, the sight appalled the stoutest heart.
- (a.) To make pale; to blanch.
• AppallingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Appall
- (a.) Such as to appall; as, an appalling accident.