Appoint Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AppointDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To furnish in all points; to provide with everything necessary by way of equipment; to equip; to fit out.
- (v. t.) To fix by a decree, order, command, resolve, decision, or mutual agreement; to constitute; to ordain; to prescribe; to fix the time and place of.
- (v. t.) To assign, designate, or set apart by authority.
- (v. t.) To direct, designate, or limit; to make or direct a new disposition of, by virtue of a power contained in a conveyance; -- said of an estate already conveyed.
- (v. t.) To fix with power or firmness; to establish; to mark out.
- (v. i.) To ordain; to determine; to arrange.
- (v. t.) To point at by way, or for the purpose, of censure or commendation; to arraign.
• AppointeeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A person in whose favor a power of appointment is executed.
- (v. t.) A person appointed.