Arrested Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ArrestedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Arrest
• ArrestDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) The taking or apprehending of a person by authority of law; legal restraint; custody. Also, a decree, mandate, or warrant.
- (v. t.) A scurfiness of the back part of the hind leg of a horse; -- also named rat-tails.
- (v. t.) To seize on and fix; to hold; to catch; as, to arrest the eyes or attention.
- (v. t.) To rest or fasten; to fix; to concentrate.
- (v. t.) Any seizure by power, physical or moral.
- (v. t.) To take, seize, or apprehend by authority of law; as, to arrest one for debt, or for a crime.
- (v. t.) To stop; to check or hinder the motion or action of; as, to arrest the current of a river; to arrest the senses.
- (v. t.) The act of stopping, or restraining from further motion, etc.; stoppage; hindrance; restraint; as, an arrest of development.
- (v. i.) To tarry; to rest.