Ascendant Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AscendantDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Ascendent
- (n.) Ascent; height; elevation.
- (n.) An ancestor, or one who precedes in genealogy or degrees of kindred; a relative in the ascending line; a progenitor; -- opposed to descendant.
- (n.) The horoscope, or that degree of the ecliptic which rises above the horizon at the moment of ones birth; supposed to have a commanding influence on a persons life and fortune.
- (n.) Superiority, or commanding influence; ascendency; as, one man has the ascendant over another.