Ascertain Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AscertainDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To render (a person) certain; to cause to feel certain; to make confident; to assure; to apprise.
- (v. t.) To make (a thing) certain to the mind; to free from obscurity, doubt, or change; to make sure of; to fix; to determine.
- (v. t.) To find out or learn for a certainty, by trial, examination, or experiment; to get to know; as, to ascertain the weight of a commodity, or the purity of a metal.
• AscertainableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) That may be ascertained.