Ascetic Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AsceticDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In the early church, one who devoted himself to a solitary and contemplative life, characterized by devotion, extreme self-denial, and self-mortification; a hermit; a recluse; hence, one who practices extreme rigor and self-denial in religious things.
- (a.) Extremely rigid in self-denial and devotions; austere; severe.
• AsceticismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The condition, practice, or mode of life, of ascetics.