Associating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AssociatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Associate
• AssociateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A partner in interest, as in business; or a confederate in a league.
- (v. t.) To accompany; to keep company with.
- (v. t.) To join or connect; to combine in acting; as, particles of gold associated with other substances.
- (n.) One connected with an association or institution without the full rights or privileges of a regular member; as, an associate of the Royal Academy.
- (a.) Connected by habit or sympathy; as, associate motions, such as occur sympathetically, in consequence of preceding motions.
- (v. t.) To connect or place together in thought.
- (v. i.) To unite in company; to keep company, implying intimacy; as, congenial minds are disposed to associate.
- (a.) Closely connected or joined with some other, as in interest, purpose, employment, or office; sharing responsibility or authority; as, an associate judge.
- (v. i.) To unite in action, or to be affected by the action of a different part of the body.
- (v. t.) To join with one, as a friend, companion, partner, or confederate; as, to associate others with us in business, or in an enterprise.
- (a.) Admitted to some, but not to all, rights and privileges; as, an associate member.
- (n.) A companion; one frequently in company with another, implying intimacy or equality; a mate; a fellow.
- (n.) Anything closely or usually connected with another; an concomitant.