Attic Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AtticDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A room or rooms behind that part of the exterior; all the rooms immediately below the roof.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Attica, in Greece, or to Athens, its principal city; marked by such qualities as were characteristic of the Athenians; classical; refined.
- (a.) An Athenian; an Athenian author.
- (a.) A low story above the main order or orders of a facade, in the classical styles; -- a term introduced in the 17th century. Hence:
• AtticismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The style and idiom of the Greek language, used by the Athenians; a concise and elegant expression.
- (n.) A favoring of, or attachment to, the Athenians.
• AtticizeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To side with the Athenians.
- (v. i.) To use the Attic idiom or style; to conform to the customs or modes of thought of the Athenians.
- (v. t.) To conform or make conformable to the language, customs, etc., of Attica.