Avoided Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AvoidedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Avoid
• AvoidDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To make void; to annul or vacate; to refute.
- (a.) To emit or throw out; to void; as, to avoid excretions.
- (v. i.) To become void or vacant.
- (a.) To get rid of.
- (a.) To keep away from; to keep clear of; to endeavor no to meet; to shun; to abstain from; as, to avoid the company of gamesters.
- (a.) To defeat or evade; to invalidate. Thus, in a replication, the plaintiff may deny the defendants plea, or confess it, and avoid it by stating new matter.
- (a.) To empty.
- (v. i.) To retire; to withdraw.
- (a.) To quit or evacuate; to withdraw from.