Bailiff Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BailiffDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An overseer or under steward of an estate, who directs husbandry operations, collects rents, etc.
- (n.) A sheriffs deputy, appointed to make arrests, collect fines, summon juries, etc.
- (n.) Originally, a person put in charge of something especially, a chief officer, magistrate, or keeper, as of a county, town, hundred, or castle; one to whom power/ of custody or care are intrusted.
• BailiffwickDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Bailiwick.