Balm Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BalmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An aromatic plant of the genus Melissa.
- (n.) Any fragrant ointment.
- (v. i.) To anoint with balm, or with anything medicinal. Hence: To soothe; to mitigate.
- (n.) The resinous and aromatic exudation of certain trees or shrubs.
- (n.) Anything that heals or that mitigates pain.
• BalmyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the qualities of balm; odoriferous; aromatic; assuaging; soothing; refreshing; mild.
- (a.) Producing balm.
- (a.) Full of barm or froth; in a ferment.