Barbing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BarbingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Barb
• BarbDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The point that stands backward in an arrow, fishhook, etc., to prevent it from being easily extracted. Hence: Anything which stands out with a sharp point obliquely or crosswise to something else.
- (v. t.) To shave or dress the beard of.
- (n.) Paps, or little projections, of the mucous membrane, which mark the opening of the submaxillary glands under the tongue in horses and cattle. The name is mostly applied when the barbs are inflamed and swollen.
- (v. t.) To clip; to mow.
- (n.) A southern name for the kingfishes of the eastern and southeastern coasts of the United States; -- also improperly called whiting.
- (n.) A hair or bristle ending in a double hook.
- (n.) One of the side branches of a feather, which collectively constitute the vane. See Feather.
- (n.) A bit for a horse.
- (n.) A blackish or dun variety of the pigeon, originally brought from Barbary.
- (n.) Beard, or that which resembles it, or grows in the place of it.
- (n.) The Barbary horse, a superior breed introduced from Barbary into Spain by the Moors.
- (n.) A muffler, worn by nuns and mourners.
- (v. t.) To furnish with barbs, or with that which will hold or hurt like barbs, as an arrow, fishhook, spear, etc.
- (n.) Armor for a horse. Same as 2d Bard, n., 1.