Barded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BardedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p.a.) Accoutered with defensive armor; -- said of a horse.
- (p.a.) Wearing rich caparisons.
• BardDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree; the rind.
- (n.) A professional poet and singer, as among the ancient Celts, whose occupation was to compose and sing verses in honor of the heroic achievements of princes and brave men.
- (n.) Specifically, Peruvian bark.
- (n.) Alt. of Barde
- (n.) Hence: A poet; as, the bard of Avon.
- (v. t.) To cover (meat or game) with a thin slice of fat bacon.
• BardeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A piece of defensive (or, sometimes, ornamental) armor for a horses neck, breast, and flanks; a barb. [Often in the pl.]
- (pl.) Defensive armor formerly worn by a man at arms.
- (pl.) A thin slice of fat bacon used to cover any meat or game.