Batter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BatterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A bruise on the face of a plate or of type in the form.
- (n.) A backward slope in the face of a wall or of a bank; receding slope.
- (v. t.) To beat with successive blows; to beat repeatedly and with violence, so as to bruise, shatter, or demolish; as, to batter a wall or rampart.
- (v. t.) To flatten (metal) by hammering, so as to compress it inwardly and spread it outwardly.
- (n.) One who wields a bat; a batsman.
- (v. t.) A semi-liquid mixture of several ingredients, as, flour, eggs, milk, etc., beaten together and used in cookery.
- (v. i.) To slope gently backward.
- (v. t.) Paste of clay or loam.
- (v. t.) To wear or impair as if by beating or by hard usage.
• BatteriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Battery