Beaded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BeadedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bead
• BeadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form beadlike bubbles.
- (n.) A prayer.
- (n.) A bubble in spirits.
- (n.) Any small globular body
- (n.) A little perforated ball, to be strung on a thread, and worn for ornament; or used in a rosary for counting prayers, as by Roman Catholics and Mohammedans, whence the phrases to tell beads, to at ones beads, to bid beads, etc., meaning, to be at prayer.
- (n.) A small knob of metal on a firearm, used for taking aim (whence the expression to draw a bead, for, to take aim).
- (n.) A small molding of rounded surface, the section being usually an arc of a circle. It may be continuous, or broken into short embossments.
- (n.) A glassy drop of molten flux, as borax or microcosmic salt, used as a solvent and color test for several mineral earths and oxides, as of iron, manganese, etc., before the blowpipe; as, the borax bead; the iron bead, etc.
- (v. t.) To ornament with beads or beading.
- (n.) A drop of sweat or other liquid.