Belled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BelledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bell
- (a.) Hung with a bell or bells.
• BellDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That part of the capital of a column included between the abacus and neck molding; also used for the naked core of nearly cylindrical shape, assumed to exist within the leafage of a capital.
- (v. i.) To develop bells or corollas; to take the form of a bell; to blossom; as, hops bell.
- (n.) The strikes of the bell which mark the time; or the time so designated.
- (n.) A hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue, and giving forth a ringing sound on being struck.
- (v. t.) To make bell-mouthed; as, to bell a tube.
- (n.) Anything in the form of a bell, as the cup or corol of a flower.
- (v. t.) To put a bell upon; as, to bell the cat.
- (n.) A hollow perforated sphere of metal containing a loose ball which causes it to sound when moved.
- (v. t.) To utter by bellowing.
- (v. i.) To call or bellow, as the deer in rutting time; to make a bellowing sound; to roar.
• BelleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A young lady of superior beauty and attractions; a handsome lady, or one who attracts notice in society; a fair lady.