Bellows Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BellowsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. sing. & pl.) An instrument, utensil, or machine, which, by alternate expansion and contraction, or by rise and fall of the top, draws in air through a valve and expels it through a tube for various purposes, as blowing fires, ventilating mines, or filling the pipes of an organ with wind.
• BellowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To emit with a loud voice; to shout; -- used with out.
- (v.) To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- (v.) To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound.
- (n.) A loud resounding outcry or noise, as of an enraged bull; a roar.
- (v.) To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor.
• Bellows fishDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A European fish (Centriscus scolopax), distinguished by a long tubular snout, like the pipe of a bellows; -- called also trumpet fish, and snipe fish.