Benches Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BenchesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Bench
• BenchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a carpenters bench.
- (n.) The persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion of the full bench. See Kings Bench.
- (v. i.) To sit on a seat of justice.
- (n.) A collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public; -- so named because the animals are usually placed on benches or raised platforms.
- (v. t.) To furnish with benches.
- (n.) The seat where judges sit in court.
- (v. t.) To place on a bench or seat of honor.
- (n.) A long seat, differing from a stool in its greater length.
- (n.) A conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or river.