Bet Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To stake or pledge upon the event of a contingent issue; to wager.
- (a. & adv.) An early form of Better.
- (n.) That which is laid, staked, or pledged, as between two parties, upon the event of a contest or any contingent issue; the act of giving such a pledge; a wager.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bet
- () imp. & p. p. of Beat.
• BeteemDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To give ; to bestow; to grant; to accord; to consent.
- (a.) To allow; to permit; to suffer.