Blackguard Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BlackguardDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The scullions and lower menials of a court, or of a noblemans household, who, in a removal from one residence to another, had charge of the kitchen utensils, and being smutted by them, were jocularly called the "black guard"; also, the servants and hangers-on of an army.
- (n.) The criminals and vagrants or vagabonds of a town or community, collectively.
- (n.) A vagrant; a bootblack; a gamin.
- (n.) A person of stained or low character, esp. one who uses scurrilous language, or treats others with foul abuse; a scoundrel; a rough.
- (v. t.) To revile or abuse in scurrilous language.
- (a.) Scurrilous; abusive; low; worthless; vicious; as, blackguard language.
• BlackguardismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The conduct or language of a blackguard; ruffianism.
• BlackguardedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blackguard
• BlackguardingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blackguard