Blanking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BlankingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blank
• BlankDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of base silver money, first coined in England by Henry V., and worth about 8 pence; also, a French coin of the seventeenth century, worth about 4 pence.
- (a.) Of a white or pale color; without color.
- (a.) Absolute; downright; unmixed; as, blank terror.
- (v. t.) To make void; to annul.
- (n.) A piece of metal prepared to be made into something by a further operation, as a coin, screw, nuts.
- (n.) A paper unwritten; a paper without marks or characters a blank ballot; -- especially, a paper on which are to be inserted designated items of information, for which spaces are left vacant; a bland form.
- (n.) A lot by which nothing is gained; a ticket in a lottery on which no prize is indicated.
- (n.) Aim; shot; range.
- (n.) A paper containing the substance of a legal instrument, as a deed, release, writ, or execution, with spaces left to be filled with names, date, descriptions, etc.
- (a.) Empty; void; without result; fruitless; as, a blank space; a blank day.
- (a.) Lacking characteristics which give variety; as, a blank desert; a blank wall; destitute of interests, affections, hopes, etc.; as, to live a blank existence; destitute of sensations; as, blank unconsciousness.
- (v. t.) To blanch; to make blank; to damp the spirits of; to dispirit or confuse.
- (a.) Free from writing, printing, or marks; having an empty space to be filled in with some special writing; -- said of checks, official documents, etc.; as, blank paper; a blank check; a blank ballot.
- (a.) Utterly confounded or discomfited.
- (n.) Any void space; a void space on paper, or in any written instrument; an interval void of consciousness, action, result, etc; a void.
- (n.) A piece or division of a piece, without spots; as, the "double blank"; the "six blank."
- (a.) Lacking animation and intelligence, or their associated characteristics, as expression of face, look, etc.; expressionless; vacant.
- (n.) The point aimed at in a target, marked with a white spot; hence, the object to which anything is directed.