Blessed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BlessedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Hallowed; consecrated; worthy of blessing or adoration; heavenly; holy.
- (a.) Imparting happiness or bliss; fraught with happiness; blissful; joyful.
- (a.) Beatified.
- (a.) Used euphemistically, ironically, or intensively.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bless
- (a.) Enjoying happiness or bliss; favored with blessings; happy; highly favored.
- (a.) Enjoying, or pertaining to, spiritual happiness, or heavenly felicity; as, the blessed in heaven.
• BlessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To praise, or glorify; to extol for excellences.
- (v. t.) To make or pronounce holy; to consecrate
- (v. t.) To wave; to brandish.
- (v. t.) To invoke or confer beneficial attributes or qualities upon; to invoke or confer a blessing on, -- as on food.
- (v. t.) To guard; to keep; to protect.
- (v. t.) To esteem or account happy; to felicitate.
- (v. t.) To make happy, blithesome, or joyous; to confer prosperity or happiness upon; to grant divine favor to.
- (v. t.) To make the sign of the cross upon; to cross (ones self).
- (v. t.) To express a wish or prayer for the happiness of; to invoke a blessing upon; -- applied to persons.
• Blessed thistleDefinition & Meaning in English
- () See under Thistle.
• BlessedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Happily; fortunately; joyfully.