Borrowing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BorrowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Borrow
• BorrowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To receive; to take; to derive.
- (v. t.) To take (one or more) from the next higher denomination in order to add it to the next lower; -- a term of subtraction when the figure of the subtrahend is larger than the corresponding one of the minuend.
- (v. t.) To copy or imitate; to adopt; as, to borrow the style, manner, or opinions of another.
- (n.) The act of borrowing.
- (v. t.) To receive from another as a loan, with the implied or expressed intention of returning the identical article or its equivalent in kind; -- the opposite of lend.
- (n.) Something deposited as security; a pledge; a surety; a hostage.
- (v. t.) To feign or counterfeit.