Bowls Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BowlsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) See Bowl, a ball, a game.
• BowlDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To roll, as a bowl or cricket ball.
- (n.) Specifically, a drinking vessel for wine or other spirituous liquors; hence, convivial drinking.
- (v. t.) To pelt or strike with anything rolled.
- (v. i.) To play with bowls.
- (n.) A ball of wood or other material used for rolling on a level surface in play; a ball of hard wood having one side heavier than the other, so as to give it a bias when rolled.
- (n.) The contents of a full bowl; what a bowl will hold.
- (n.) A concave vessel of various forms (often approximately hemispherical), to hold liquids, etc.
- (v. t.) To roll or carry smoothly on, or as on, wheels; as, we were bowled rapidly along the road.
- (v. i.) To move rapidly, smoothly, and like a ball; as, the carriage bowled along.
- (n.) The hollow part of a thing; as, the bowl of a spoon.
- (n.) An ancient game, popular in Great Britain, played with biased balls on a level plat of greensward.
- (v. i.) To roll a ball on a plane, as at cricket, bowls, etc.
- (n.) The game of tenpins or bowling.