Braid Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BraidDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To start; to awake.
- (v. t.) Deceitful.
- (n.) A narrow fabric, as of wool, silk, or linen, used for binding, trimming, or ornamenting dresses, etc.
- (n.) A quick motion; a start.
- (v. t.) To weave, interlace, or entwine together, as three or more strands or threads; to form into a braid; to plait.
- (v. t.) To mingle, or to bring to a uniformly soft consistence, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in some culinary operations.
- (v. t.) To reproach. [Obs.] See Upbraid.
- (n.) A fancy; freak; caprice.
- (n.) A plait, band, or narrow fabric formed by intertwining or weaving together different strands.
• BraidedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. &. p. p.) of Braid
• BraidingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Braids, collectively; trimming.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Braid
- (n.) The act of making or using braids.