Bridging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BridgingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bridge
• BridgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A low wall or vertical partition in the fire chamber of a furnace, for deflecting flame, etc.; -- usually called a bridge wall.
- (n.) Anything supported at the ends, which serves to keep some other thing from resting upon the object spanned, as in engraving, watchmaking, etc., or which forms a platform or staging over which something passes or is conveyed.
- (n.) A device to measure the resistance of a wire or other conductor forming part of an electric circuit.
- (v. t.) To build a bridge or bridges on or over; as, to bridge a river.
- (n.) A structure, usually of wood, stone, brick, or iron, erected over a river or other water course, or over a chasm, railroad, etc., to make a passageway from one bank to the other.
- (n.) The small arch or bar at right angles to the strings of a violin, guitar, etc., serving of raise them and transmit their vibrations to the body of the instrument.
- (v. t.) To open or make a passage, as by a bridge.
- (v. t.) To find a way of getting over, as a difficulty; -- generally with over.
- (n.) A card game resembling whist.