Brief Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BriefDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A writ; a breve. See Breve, n., 2.
- (a.) An abridgment or concise statement of a clients case, made out for the instruction of counsel in a trial at law. This word is applied also to a statement of the heads or points of a law argument.
- (n.) A letter patent, from proper authority, authorizing a collection or charitable contribution of money in churches, for any public or private purpose.
- (a.) Rife; common; prevalent.
- (a.) A short concise writing or letter; a statement in few words.
- (a.) An epitome.
- (a.) Short in duration.
- (v. t.) To make an abstract or abridgment of; to shorten; as, to brief pleadings.
- (adv.) Briefly.
- (n.) A writ issuing from the chancery, directed to any judge ordinary, commanding and authorizing that judge to call a jury to inquire into the case, and upon their verdict to pronounce sentence.
- (adv.) Soon; quickly.
- (a.) Concise; terse; succinct.
• BrieflessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having no brief; without clients; as, a briefless barrister.