Broken Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BrokenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Separated into parts or pieces by violence; divided into fragments; as, a broken chain or rope; a broken dish.
- (v. t.) Fractured; cracked; disunited; sundered; strained; apart; as, a broken reed; broken friendship.
- (v. t.) Crushed and ruined as by something that destroys hope; blighted.
- (v. t.) Imperfectly spoken, as by a foreigner; as, broken English; imperfectly spoken on account of emotion; as, to say a few broken words at parting.
- (p. p.) of Break
- (v. t.) Subjugated; trained for use, as a horse.
- (v. t.) Disconnected; not continuous; also, rough; uneven; as, a broken surface.
- (v. t.) Not carried into effect; not adhered to; violated; as, a broken promise, vow, or contract; a broken law.
- (v. t.) Ruined financially; incapable of redeeming promises made, or of paying debts incurred; as, a broken bank; a broken tradesman.
- (v. t.) Subdued; humbled; contrite.
- (v. t.) Made infirm or weak, by disease, age, or hardships.
• Broken-belliedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having a ruptured belly.
• BrokennessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state or quality of being broken; unevenness.
- (n.) Contrition; as, brokenness of heart.