Brushed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BrushedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Brush
• BrushDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A bundle of flexible wires or thin plates of metal, used to conduct an electrical current to or from the commutator of a dynamo, electric motor, or similar apparatus.
- (n.) A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- (n.) A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- (n.) To apply a brush to, according to its particular use; to rub, smooth, clean, paint, etc., with a brush.
- (n.) The bushy tail of a fox.
- (v. i.) To move nimbly in haste; to move so lightly as scarcely to be perceived; as, to brush by.
- (n.) A thicket of shrubs or small trees; the shrubs and small trees in a wood; underbrush.
- (n.) An instrument composed of bristles, or other like material, set in a suitable back or handle, as of wood, bone, or ivory, and used for various purposes, as in removing dust from clothes, laying on colors, etc. Brushes have different shapes and names according to their use; as, clothes brush, paint brush, tooth brush, etc.
- (n.) To remove or gather by brushing, or by an act like that of brushing, or by passing lightly over, as wind; -- commonly with off.
- (n.) The act of brushing; as, to give ones clothes a brush; a rubbing or grazing with a quick motion; a light touch; as, we got a brush from the wheel as it passed.
- (n.) A skirmish; a slight encounter; a shock or collision; as, to have a brush with an enemy.
- (n.) Branches of trees lopped off; brushwood.
- (n.) To touch in passing, or to pass lightly over, as with a brush.
- (n.) In Australia, a dense growth of vegetation in good soil, including shrubs and trees, mostly small.