Buckler Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BucklerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A block of wood or plate of iron made to fit a hawse hole, or the circular opening in a half-port, to prevent water from entering when the vessel pitches.
- (n.) One of the large, bony, external plates found on many ganoid fishes.
- (n.) The anterior segment of the shell of trilobites.
- (v. t.) To shield; to defend.
- (n.) A kind of shield, of various shapes and sizes, worn on one of the arms (usually the left) for protecting the front of the body.
• Buckler-headedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having a head like a buckler.