Buckling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BucklingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wavy; curling, as hair.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Buckle
• BuckleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To yield; to give way; to cease opposing.
- (v. i.) To bend out of a true vertical plane, as a wall.
- (n.) A device, usually of metal, consisting of a frame with one more movable tongues or catches, used for fastening things together, as parts of dress or harness, by means of a strap passing through the frame and pierced by the tongue.
- (v. i.) To enter upon some labor or contest; to join in close fight; to struggle; to contend.
- (n.) To join in marriage.
- (n.) A curl of hair, esp. a kind of crisp curl formerly worn; also, the state of being curled.
- (n.) A distortion bulge, bend, or kink, as in a saw blade or a plate of sheet metal.
- (n.) To bend; to cause to kink, or to become distorted.
- (n.) To prepare for action; to apply with vigor and earnestness; -- generally used reflexively.
- (n.) A contorted expression, as of the face.
- (v. i.) To bend permanently; to become distorted; to bow; to curl; to kink.
- (n.) To fasten or confine with a buckle or buckles; as, to buckle a harness.