Buffaloes Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BuffaloesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Buffalo
• BuffaloDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The buffalo fish. See Buffalo fish, below.
- (n.) A species of the genus Bos or Bubalus (B. bubalus), originally from India, but now found in most of the warmer countries of the eastern continent. It is larger and less docile than the common ox, and is fond of marshy places and rivers.
- (n.) Any species of wild ox.
- (n.) The bison of North America.
- (n.) A very large and savage species of the same genus (B. Caffer) found in South Africa; -- called also Cape buffalo.
- (n.) A buffalo robe. See Buffalo robe, below.