Buffer Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BufferDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who polishes with a buff.
- (n.) A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- (n.) A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
- (n.) A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- (n.) An elastic apparatus or fender, for deadening the jar caused by the collision of bodies; as, a buffer at the end of a railroad car.
• BufferheadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The head of a buffer, which recieves the concussion, in railroad carriages.