Caning Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CaningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cane
• CanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A drinking cup; a vessel for holding liquids.
- () an obs. form of began, imp. & p. p. of Begin, sometimes used in old poetry. [See Gan.]
- (v. t. & i.) To know; to understand.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able to do; to have power or influence.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able; -- followed by an infinitive without to; as, I can go, but do not wish to.
- (n.) A vessel or case of tinned iron or of sheet metal, of various forms, but usually cylindrical; as, a can of tomatoes; an oil can; a milk can.
- (v. t.) To preserve by putting in sealed cans
• CaneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A walking stick; a staff; -- so called because originally made of one the species of cane.
- (n.) A lance or dart made of cane.
- (n.) A local European measure of length. See Canna.
- (n.) Stems of other plants are sometimes called canes; as, the canes of a raspberry.
- (n.) A name given to several peculiar palms, species of Calamus and Daemanorops, having very long, smooth flexible stems, commonly called rattans.
- (v. t.) To beat with a cane.
- (n.) Any plant with long, hard, elastic stems, as reeds and bamboos of many kinds; also, the sugar cane.
- (v. t.) To make or furnish with cane or rattan; as, to cane chairs.