Cannonading Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CannonadingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cannonade
• CannonadeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of discharging cannon and throwing ball, shell, etc., for the purpose of destroying an army, or battering a town, ship, or fort; -- usually, an attack of some continuance.
- (v. i.) To discharge cannon; as, the army cannonaded all day.
- (v. t.) To attack with heavy artillery; to batter with cannon shot.
- (n.) Fig.; A loud noise like a cannonade; a booming.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cannonade