Canton Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CantonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To allot separate quarters to, as to different parts or divisions of an army or body of troops.
- (v. i.) To divide into small parts or districts; to mark off or separate, as a distinct portion or division.
- (n.) A division of a shield occupying one third part of the chief, usually on the dexter side, formed by a perpendicular line from the top of the shield, meeting a horizontal line from the side.
- (n.) A small portion; a division; a compartment.
- (n.) A small community or clan.
- (n.) A small territorial district; esp. one of the twenty-two independent states which form the Swiss federal republic; in France, a subdivision of an arrondissement. See Arrondissement.
- (n.) A song or canto
• Canton flannelDefinition & Meaning in English
- () See Cotton flannel.
• CantonalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a canton or cantons; of the nature of a canton.