Captived Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CaptivedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Captive
• CaptiveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take prisoner; to capture.
- (a.) Subdued by love; charmed; captivated.
- (n.) One charmed or subdued by beaty, excellence, or affection; one who is captivated.
- (n.) A prisoner taken by force or stratagem, esp., by an enemy, in war; one kept in bondage or in the power of another.
- (a.) Made prisoner, especially in war; held in bondage or in confinement.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to bondage or confinement; serving to confine; as, captive chains; captive hours.