Carpet Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CarpetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A smooth soft covering resembling or suggesting a carpet.
- (v. t.) To cover with, or as with, a carpet; to spread with carpets; to furnish with a carpet or carpets.
- (n.) A heavy woven or felted fabric, usually of wool, but also of cotton, hemp, straw, etc.; esp. a floor covering made in breadths to be sewed together and nailed to the floor, as distinguished from a rug or mat; originally, also, a wrought cover for tables.
• CarpetedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Carpet