Centaur Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CentaurDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A constellation in the southern heavens between Hydra and the Southern Cross.
- (n.) A fabulous being, represented as half man and half horse.
• CentauryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A gentianaceous plant not fully identified. The name is usually given to the Erytheraea Centaurium and the Chlora perfoliata of Europe, but is also extended to the whole genus Sabbatia, and even to the unrelated Centaurea.
• CentauromachyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A fight in which centaurs take part, -- a common theme for relief sculpture, as in the Parthenon metopes.