Chairing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChairingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chair
• ChairDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The presiding officer of an assembly; a chairman; as, to address the chair.
- (n.) An official seat, as of a chief magistrate or a judge, but esp. that of a professor; hence, the office itself.
- (v. t.) To place in a chair.
- (n.) An iron block used on railways to support the rails and secure them to the sleepers.
- (v. t.) To carry publicly in a chair in triumph.
- (n.) A vehicle for one person; either a sedan borne upon poles, or two-wheeled carriage, drawn by one horse; a gig.
- (n.) A movable single seat with a back.