Chanced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChancedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Chance
• ChanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Happening by chance; casual.
- (n.) A supposed material or psychical agent or mode of activity other than a force, law, or purpose; fortune; fate; -- in this sense often personified.
- (n.) The supposed effect of such an agent; something that befalls, as the result of unknown or unconsidered forces; the issue of uncertain conditions; an event not calculated upon; an unexpected occurrence; a happening; accident; fortuity; casualty.
- (adv.) By chance; perchance.
- (n.) A possibility; a likelihood; an opportunity; -- with reference to a doubtful result; as, a chance to escape; a chance for life; the chances are all against him.
- (n.) Probability.
- (n.) The operation or activity of such agent.
- (v. i.) To happen, come, or arrive, without design or expectation.
- (v. t.) To take the chances of; to venture upon; -- usually with it as object.
- (v. t.) To befall; to happen to.